Are you interested in sewing and fashion?
Do you like making and building things?
Pipsneaks is a new baby and toddler footwear company based out of Halfmoon Bay, BC.
This position will be for part-time contract work as a studio assistant assisting in the work of making baby shoes. Interest in fashion design considered an asset.
The position will start with approximately 10 hours/ week with potential to increase to more hours.
The schedule is flexible, to be determined between Pipsneaks and the successful applicant.
Position Start Date
Successful candidate will begin as soon as possible.
We are currently seeking one studio assistant to assist with the following tasks:
- Press eyelets,
- Stamp leather,
- Heat emboss leather,
- Cut laces,
- Build and pack boxes,
- General shop organization,
- Other duties as required.
This position will evolve as new processes are developed, or if the successful candidate shows an interest or aptitude in learning how to use different machines or other aspects working in the business of making baby and toddler footwear.
Pipsneaks is a fun, youthful, energetic and friendly company. We are seeking people who embody these qualities.
- Must be age 16 or older.
- Must be able to arrange consistent independent transportation to Halfmoon Bay. Bus stop ~ 800m from studio. Having a vehicle is considered an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. This is not a desk job.
- Adaptable, dependable and responsible.
- Level headed problem solver with a professional attitude.
- Past experience and/or interest in fashion design and production considered an asset.
- Must speak English.
Hourly compensation $13/hour- $15/hour dependent on skills and experience.
Please submit a resume with two references and a brief cover letter detailing any relevant experience and why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are open as long as this job posting remains.